Create your API key
An application programming interface (API) key is a code used to identify and authenticate an application or user. In this case it is used to identify and authenticate your WhatsApp Business account in 360dialog to the Conversation24 chat platform.
- Go back to the 360dialog dashboard (https://hub.360dialog.com/dashboard/home). If required, log in with the 360dialog account you created.
- In the 360dialog Dashboard select “WhatsApp Accounts” in the left menu bar.
- On your screen you will see your registered business phone number. A button “Generate API key” is available as well. Click this button.
- A key is generated. It consists of a series of random characters (for example: “U4u6gXMhYvrxq9NNQNqrafQ4AK”). Copy this code to a notepad; you will need it later in the process. If your API key is lost or compromised, you need to generate a new one.
- Confirm that you have copied the code and close the popup.