How to create a 360dialog account
An account has to be created at 360dialog to set-up your WhatsApp Business account. In this chapter it is explained how to create an account.
- An office number to use for WhatsApp Business;
- Your store’s official name;
- The the company’s legal name;
Register your number
- Go to the 360dialog signup page (https://hub.360dialog.com/ lp/whatsapp/ATh3hUPA);
- In the page header you should see “You're applying as a user of Conversation24” (#1 in the screenshot below);
- Enter the following fields (#2):
- Email address, try to use shared managed mail addresses (like 'email@example.com)' and avoid personal addresses;
- The full name of the person requesting/managing the account;
- The store’s name;
- The creation and confirmation of a password;
- Read and accept the terms (#3) and click the “Accept terms” button (#4). You will proceed to the next form to (if required: create and) connect your Meta Business account;
- A wizard will appear to complete the onboarding process. If not: start by selecting “WhatsApp Accounts” in the left menu bar. Select the “Finish onboarding” button;
- You will be redirected to the “Connect your Meta Business Account” page. Select the “Continue with Meta” button;
- A popup will appear. To proceed you can:
- Log in with your Meta account;
- Continue as the logged in Meta account user;
- Create a Meta account.
- On the next windows you can get started;
- Approve the required permissions for connecting 360dialog with your Meta account by clicking “Continue”;
- Select the option to create a new WhatsApp Business account and enter a recognisable name. Using your company name is strongly preferred for recognising it in the WhatsApp business platform. Click “Continue”;
- Your account will be set up. This step might take a few seconds. Go to the next step afterwards;
- Enter your WhatsApp Business display name. This is the display name visible for your customers/end users when they are having a WhatsApp session with you.
- Is your display name different from your legal business name? Select the option “My display name is different from my legal business name” and enter the website URL of your business.
- Continue to the next step.At this point you are verifying your business phone number for WhatsApp Business. Be aware that you will receive an automated call to this number with a verification code to verify the number. Are you or a colleague ready to pick up this call and write down the 6-digit verification code?
- Enter your phone number and select the option for a voice verification. Click the “Call” button.
- You will receive a call within seconds. Enter the 6-digit verification code and confirm.
After this step, you are done registering and activating your number. The next step (creating an API key) can be done about 5 minutes later.
Create your API key
An application programming interface (API) key is a code used to identify and authenticate an application or user. In this case it is used to identify and authenticate your WhatsApp Business account in 360dialog to the Conversation24 chat platform.
- Go back to the 360dialog dashboard (https://hub.360dialog.com/dashboard/home). If required, log in with the 360dialog account you created.
- In the 360dialog Dashboard select “WhatsApp Accounts” in the left menu bar.
- On your screen you will see your registered business phone number. A button “Generate API key” is available as well. Click this button.
- A key is generated. It consists of a series of random characters (for example: “U4u6gXMhYvrxq9NNQNqrafQ4AK”). Copy this code to a notepad; you will need it later in the process. If your API key is lost or compromised, you need to generate a new one.
- Confirm that you have copied the code and close the popup.