A catalog is a container that holds information about all the items you want to advertise or sell on Facebook and Instagram. You can connect your catalog to different types of ads and sales channels to promote your items, including dynamic ads, Facebook Shops and more.
Note: Where possible, we recommend that you keep all your items in one catalog instead of creating multiple catalogs. Learn more about using one catalog.
Before you begin
- Create a Facebook Page for your business if you don't have one yet.
- Create a Business Manager account so you can assign your catalog to your business. Make sure you have admin access.
Create a catalog
To create a new catalog:
- Go to Commerce Manager.
- Start creating your catalog:
- If this will be your first catalog, click Get Started. Select Create a Catalog and then click Get Started.
- If you already have at least one catalog, you'll see all your catalogs listed. Select + Add Catalog to create a new one.
- Select Upload Product Info if you plan to add items yourself in Commerce Manager.
- Select Connect a Partner Platform if you host your items on a partner platform that has an integration with Facebook. Select a platform and follow the link to its website to complete setup and import items to Facebook. Learn more about importing items from a partner platform.
You've created a new catalog.
Now you can add your items. There are several ways to add items to a catalog. Compare methods to choose the best option for you.