Some Commerce Manager settings are only available if you have a shop, which unlocks additional tools to support selling on your website or directly on our platforms with checkout. If you have a shop, you'll need the Manage commerce account or Edit settings permissions to adjust commerce account settings. If you don’t have a shop, you can still access basic settings for your catalog.
To see your available settings, go to the Settings tab in Commerce Manager. These might include:
- General: Complete a security check here and edit your commerce account info like the account name, email, business category and currency. Select a default language and country, update the customer service email, enable stock updates and edit order notifications.
- Catalog: Edit product image cropping and select the pixel-related notifications you want to receive from your catalog. You need the Manage catalog permission for the catalog to access these settings.
- Business Assets: Review the Business Manager that owns this commerce account and manage connected channels to sell and advertise your items, including your Facebook Page, Instagram business account and ad account. You can also manage connected events data sources including pixels or SDKs.
- Permissions: View and edit commerce and catalog permissions for people in your Business Manager.
- Checkout Method: Choose if you want people to checkout on your website or on Facebook and Instagram (US only). You can also choose the payment method you want your customers to use.
Settings for businesses with checkout
Checkout on Facebook and Instagram is currently available in the US and to a limited number of other sellers. You can unlock the following settings when you enable checkout:
- Orders: Set limits for how customers make purchases from your shop.
- Finance: Edit your bank and tax information.
- Locations: Update your order fulfillment locations.
- Shipping: Create and edit shipping options.
- Returns: Edit your return window, add policy details and set other returns preferences like free shipping and return labels.
Settings that can't be changed
These settings can’t be changed in Commerce Manager. You can contact support to request a change, or you may need to deactivate your commerce account first and start over. Settings that can't be changed in Commerce Manager at this time are:
- The business representative name you provided when you set up your commerce account.
- The business name and physical address.
- The EIN, SSN or ITIN.
- The catalog you connected to your commerce account when you set up your shop. You can continue to edit this catalog but you can't switch it to a different catalog.