To set up a shop with a checkout in Commerce Manager, you must create a Commerce Account. This includes providing some business information, adding a catalog and settings, and setting up payouts.\
Before you begin
- Go to Commerce Manager.
- Click Get Started to go to the Create Your Shop page.
- Click Checkout on Facebook or Instagram and click Get Started again.
- Click Get Started for setting up a shop with Commerce Manager and choose Facebook or Instagram.
- Review what you need to complete a Commerce Manager account and click Next.
You should be on the Create Your Commerce Account page in Commerce Manager.
1: Provide business information
On the Create Your Commerce Account page in Commerce Manager, answer a few questions about your business:
- Click Set Up under Business Information.
- Name your Commerce Account. This should match the public name of your business. It will be visible to customers in their order details, emails and notifications. It can't contain special characters. You can change this name later. Click Next.
- Connect the Commerce Account to an existing Facebook Page or create a new one. You’ll only see the Pages you have admin access to. Click Next.
- Link the Commerce Account to a Business Manager account. Any accounts you've already created on Business Manager will appear here. You can only see the businesses you have admin access to. Click Finish Setup.
2: Add a catalog and settings
On the Create Your Commerce Account page in Commerce Manager, add your items, shipping and customer service options:
- Click Get Started under Products and Settings.
- Select a catalog. Choose an existing catalog or create a new one. You'll add items to your catalog after you finish setting up. You can only link one catalog to your Commerce Account. Click Next.
- Enter any shipping options. You must ship orders within a default of 3 business days or within the specified handling time. You may be able to create shipping profiles for different products. Click Next.
- Set a return policy and customer service email. We require a minimum 30-day return window for most items, but you can set a custom return policy for certain items later. Respond to emails within 2 business days to follow Facebook policies. Click Save.
Note: You can manage these settings any time in Commerce Manager.
3: Set up payouts
On the Create Your Commerce Account page in Commerce Manager, link a bank account and provide the required information to receive payouts. You won't be able to edit this later, so be sure to add accurate information:
- Click Get Started under Payouts.
- Provide a business address and email address. This must be the address associated with the bank account you'll use for payouts. Tax documents are sent to this address, so this can't be a PO box. The email address will receive all payment and order notifications. Click Next.
- Select a business category from the Merchant Category Code (MCC) list that best describes your business. This code is used to classify businesses by the type of services or goods they sell. Click Next.
- Select the states where you do business and provide a state tax registration number for every state you operate in. This isn’t a SSN or EIN. Click Next.
- Provide tax and representative information. By US law, Facebook collects tax information from anyone receiving payments for sales. This information is used for tax and compliance purposes and is subject to our Data Policy. Your representative should be a person with a significant role in managing your business. Our payment processors use this information to confirm your business identity, and you may need to submit additional documents for this representative later. Click Next.
- Link your bank. Provide bank routing and account numbers and the name on the bank account. Your payouts are sent to a preferred bank account on a rolling basis.
- Note: You're charged a selling fee of 5% per transaction. If a transaction is $8.00 or less, you're charged a flat fee of $0.40.
- Click Finish Setup. By doing so, you agree to the Seller Terms. We'll store your business information and share it with payment processors to support commerce features on Facebook.
Review your information. Once you complete this step, you can access the Commerce Manager tools to manage your sales.