Before migrating a number, it's important to go through the following checklist:
- Valid Facebook Business ID You can find your FB_ID by following these steps. The FB_ID must be associated with (own) the WhatsApp Account > Number that you are trying to migrate. An overview of the ownership model can be found here.
- Admin Access to Facebook Business Manager You must have Admin access to the FBM Account.
- Facebook Business Manager is verified Your Facebook Business Manager must be fully verified.
- Phone number access You must have access to the phone number to receive a 6 Digit PIN Code via SMS or Phone Call.
- 2FA Disabled You must check and confirm with your old BSP that Two-Factor Verification (2FA) is disabled on the existing WhatsApp Business API Client.
NOTE - Extra step for Brazilian numbers: Check in your current WhatsApp profile if the number registered has the extra 9 or not. When porting the number, it should look exactly the same as the current profile.