Welcome to Conversation24, we are happy to have you with us!
In this handbook, you will be able to find everything you need to use our software as an agent so that you can handle the incoming chats and provide excellent customer service.
In order to start, you need to sign in to your account, using your credentials (email address and password) on this link. Your manager will provide you with your credentials. You will be able to see the 'Sign In' form on the link, and you need to fill in your email address in the first field and your password in the second field. Once you fill them in the form, please click on the 'Login' button.
In case, you cannot log in, please use the ‘Help’ button at the right bottom of the login form. This will lead you to our help center. Otherwise, you can click on the website’s link and get in touch with one of our agents for further help. It is also good to contact your manager regarding the matter.
When you sign in to your account, you will be able to see the user’s interface. This is how the overview interface looks like when there are no chats yet:
In case you have had chats and you managed to switch to the detailed Interface from the chat menu, you will see this window when there are no chats at the moment:
In the upper right corner, you will be able to find the status toggle as well as your profile photo. From the toggle, you can set your status to 'Available' or 'Not Available'.
When your status is green, 'Available', it means that you will receive incoming chats, if your status is red, 'Not Available', it means you will not receive any chats. You can switch between statuses by clicking on the toggle on the left side of your profile photo.
When you click on the picture, you will see your account menu. It has the following options:
- Sounds toggle
- Desktop Notifications toggle
- Show Colleagues
- Sign Out
1. The sound toggle option allows you to turn on/off the sound of the chat. If the toggle is green, the chat sounds are allowed and once a new chat or a message is received, you will be able to hear a sound indication for this.
2. The desktop notification toggle allows you to turn on/off the desktop notification. If it is enabled, there will be a desktop notification at the bottom right of the screen once a new chat comes or a new message is sent from the customer. The notification shows only when the user is not currently on the chat window.
3. The ‘Show Colleagues’ option allows the user to see their colleagues that are currently logged in. They can see their statuses, the maximum number of slots they have (how many chats they can have at the same time), their active and wrap-up slots.
4. The ‘Sign Out’ option is used when the user will no longer use the chat (at the end of their work shift or during their break, if required).
There are two types of interfaces available - detailed and overview. You can switch between the interfaces only when there is a chat available. To switch to a different interface, you need to use the three dots on the right upper corner of the chat window and select the corresponding option.
The detailed interface is broader and it gives far more information for the user. It is divided into three main sections - Chat List, Chat Session, and Info Section.
In the chat list section, you can see all the chats that are not closed yet. The chat that needs your attention the most is at the top of the list. The chats that are inactive (closed or if the customer left the website) are at the bottom of the list.
There are a few indicators showing the statuses of the chat. They appear in the top right corner of the chat window. They are the following:
- Red (New Chat) - a new chat always comes in on top. The numbers inside the indicator show the numbers of the customer's separate messages.
- Pink/clock (Reply Now): You haven't replied within 60 sec (after the first response) and you need to reply as soon as possible in order to keep the chat and the level of customer service
- White: Neutral chat - you do not need to do anything with the chat. You have replied to the customer and he/she hasn't sent anything more. This status remains for 2 minutes when the orange/clock indicator appears or until the customer replies
- Orange/clock (NoReply) - It appears in case the visitor hasn't replied within 2 minutes
- Grey/pause: Visitor has left the website, but did not close the chat prior to leaving the website
In that case, you will also have the 'The chatter left the website' message in the Chat Session section or in the conversation field.
- Grey/stop (Stopped): Visitor closed the chat, the chat ended and you don't need to do anything about it, except for closing the chat on your side as well
In that case, you will also have the 'The chat has been closed' message in the conversation field.
- Blue arrow - this indicator shows when the chat has been transferred to you from another agent. You can also transfer chats from the chat options, but we are going to talk about this later on.
- Red/screen - the screen share indicator shows the customer has the screenshare option enabled. This indicator appears only if currently there are no other (more important) indicators. As soon as another indicator shows, for example, if you haven't replied within 60 seconds, the screenshare indicator will be hidden behind the pink/clock indicator. This doesn’t mean the screenshare was stopped, just that there is something more important that needs to be done with the chat.
In the empty field at the top, the Campaign’s name will show, so that you know which website the customer is coming from. Underneath, there will be the visitor identifier (6ca75f0dd). Right after the visitor identifier, you will be able to see the last message written (or part of it, in case, it is longer) by you or by the customer.
The chat conversation section is in the middle of the details interface. On its left, there is the chat list section and on the right side, it is the details section. In the chat conversation section, you lead the conversation with the customer - you can see the messages you and the customer have sent and at the bottom, there is the field where you type in your replies. At the upper part of this section, there is the chat menu (three dots) and the chat close button.
The options of the chat that can be selected from the three dots at the upper right corner are the following:
- Follow Ups
- Transfer Chat
- Copy Conversation
- Back to list
- Block visitor
1. The 'Follow ups' feature allows you to automatically forward chats to specific email addresses by filling in the required fields. Once the chat is closed, its transcript along with additional information you may have added will be sent to the email address submitted.
2. The transfer chats option allows transferring the chat to another agent. When you click on that option, you will have a list of colleagues to choose from. When you click on the colleagues you wish to transfer the chat to, you just need to write an internal message to them in the field below and click on the 'Transfer' button. The customer will see a message that he/she has been forwarded to someone else. The internal message will not be visible to the customer.
If an agent receives a transferred chat, there will be a blue arrow indicator in the right upper corner of the chat in the chat list section.
3. Copy conversion is a simple tool that automatically copies the conversation, without the need to select it first. This way the chat conversation can be sent to someone else very quickly.
4. The 'Back to list' option gives you the option to switch between the different interfaces. When you are in the detailed interface, by clicking on ‘Back to list’, you will switch to the overview interface. If you are in the Overview interface on the 'Back to List' option, you will see the 'Show Details' option, which will take you to the detailed interface once you click it.
5. With the last option - Block visitor - you can block the visitor for 7 days so that they will not be able to start a new chat again in the next 7 days. To do that you need to follow these steps:
1. Click on the chat options menu (the three dots in the right upper corner of the chat window) and choose 'Block visitor'.
2. Fill in the reason for the blocking in the field below
3. Click on the 'Block' button
4. You will receive a message saying the visitor was successfully blocked. You just need to click on the 'OK' button and the chat will be closed.
That's it, you have successfully blocked the visitor.
In case an option is not available, it will be greyed out. This happens if the customer is no longer on the website or the chat is ended.
The visitor cannot be blocked or transferred to another agent.
WhatsApp chat options
With WhatsApp we have fewer chat options - Boomerang, Copy Conversation, and Back to List/ Show details.
With the Boomerang enabled, the chat will appear in the agent’s interface 12 hours after their conversation. If the chat is boomeranged, the agent will see the orange boomerang indicator in the top right corner of the chat window as well as a message (Chat boomeranged) inside the chat conversation, visible only for the agent.
The conversation will be automatically closed/completely finished after 3 boomerangs or 24 hours of inactivity. When the boomerang is enabled all three boomerangs will count as 1 chat in the system.
When the Boomerang option is disabled for the chat, if the customer comes back, it will be counted as a new chat, but the previous conversation will still be visible for you and for the customer. The indicator of the boomerang and the massage for it, will also not be there.
If the customer initiates a new conversation, the boomerang option will be enabled by default.
In case, the boomerang option is disabled from the toggle, the chat will appear again only if the customer starts it.
At the top part of the chat session field, you will be able to see the website the customer is on and the chat duration.
Next, you can see the conversation, the internal messages between operators, when the chat was transferred and with the chat message preview option, you will be able to see the message that the customers are typing before they send it.
This is how it looks when the customer is writing a message, but haven't sent it yet:
The message “The chatter has left the website” appears if the customer did not end the chat session, but left the website. In such cases, you can still send messages to the customer, and when they come back to the website they will be able to see them. If a customer comes back, the message that he left the website will be gone from the conversation field and the chat will be active again.
The message sent after the visitor left the website will show above the “The chatter has left the website” message. Once the customer is back, this message will be gone.
On the bottom right part, before the typing field, you will be able to add the corresponding success codes (tags). This can be done while the chat is still active or when you are closing it. The system will not allow you to close the chat, without adding a success code to it if this setting is added by your manager.
You need to select the tag from the list, in this case, 'Test chat', and then click on the 'Confirm' button.
Once the chat is being closed, it gives the Follow-up form that needs to be filled up in order for the chat to be archived. You can either press okay or cancel, the chat will still be archived. If you press okay, the chat will be sent as a follow up to the email address submitted. While filling in the follow-up form, the chat will get a grey/stop indicator until the agent completely closes the chat. This also only happens if your manager has enabled this setting.
At the bottom of the chat conversation section, there is the field in which you can write your replies. You can type the reply manually or if available, they can use the quick replies, typing in #, and the word connected to the response they need to use.
To select the quick reply you can use either the enter button on the keyboard or to select it with the mouse. In order to send it, the agent needs to use the same command again - clicking on the blue square with the arrow or pressing enter.
Emojis will be displayed in the conversation if the customer has sent them on their side.
This section is on the right side of the detailed interface. It contains details that you might need in order to lead the conversations better.
On the top part of it, there are two buttons, that you can switch between - Quick Reply and Screen share.
If a quick reply is selected, the agents will be able to see the Search field as well as the drop-down menu to select the client they are chatting for.
If you need to search for a quick reply, you can type in the keyword in the search field and all possible results for the selected group will appear.
If nothing is written in the search field, all the quick replies created for the group will appear.
If the Screenshare is selected, you will be able to see the screen of the customer if enabled on the customer’s side. In order for the customer to enable the screen share option, they need to use the toggle on the upper right-hand corner or their chat window. Once it is enabled, the screen indicator will be displayed for the agent and they will be able to see the customer’s screen in the details section.
At the bottom of the details section, you are able to see details about the customer. You can see their name, time on site, page visits, and the current URL.
The overview interface still has the agent’s account settings on the upper right corner. This is the interface that you always start with after being logged in. So the first chat you receive will be in the overview/list interface. You can change to the detailed section from the chat options on the upper right corner of the chat window. This is how the chats look in the overview interface:
The indicators of the chat are also displayed, in the upper right corner. In this interface, you don’t have access to the customer’s details (only the current URL at the top of the window) as well as to the quick replies, but you can still use the latter by typing the # and the correct keyword in the field.
If you have more chats, you will need to scroll down in order to help the other customers as well. When they are less, fewer clicks are needed from the agent in order to switch between chats. You are able to read the whole message and you can just click on the field to start typing your reply.
Once you start typing your message, the customer will see the usual three dots that appear when someone is typing a reply.
This is how the chat indicators look like in the overview interface:
The process of chatting
In order for you to start receiving chats, you need to log in to your agent account and change the status of your account to 'Available' from the toggle on the right upper corner.
Make sure to have the 'Sounds' and 'Desktop Notifications' switched on from your account menu so that you can see and hear if a new chat comes in or if the customer sent a new message.
The first chat you will receive will come in the overview interface.
To switch to the detailed interface, you need to click on the chat menu at the top right corner of the chat window (three dots) and choose 'Show Details'.
When you click on it, this is how you will see the chat:
When the customer is typing their question, you will be able to see it in the chat session in pink, once the customer sends the question, it will be grey, just like the message 'Hello!'.
In the meantime, you can start typing your answer as you already know what the customer is going to ask you. You can use a quick reply directly in the field (#conditions) or choose it from the info section on the right side.
You can use the keyboard (Enter) to select the quick reply and have it in your typing field, ready to be sent. You can check it prior to sending it, in case there are any mistakes or if you would like to adjust the reply or send it into smaller pieces.
Then you can either press Enter again or use your mouse to click on the blue square with the white arrow on the right.
Once the customer replies, you have 60 seconds before the red/clock indicator shows up, reminding you that you haven't given any reply to the customer after their last message. In that case, it is best to reply as soon as possible.
Once you reply to the customer, the indicator will be gone and the chat will be neutral. If the customer doesn't reply within 2 minutes, the orange/clock indicator will appear. In such cases, you are welcome to ask the customer if they are still there if they need any further help, etc. so that if they do not need more help, the chat can be closed and not left open for too long, which will affect the average chat duration statistics.
Even if you send another message to the customer, the indicator will stay until they reply back.
If a customer leaves the website, without closing the chat window, the grey/pause indicator will show as well as the "The chatter left the website" message in the chat session. You will still be able to type messages in and send them to the customer. Once they are back online, they will be able to receive and see your messages.
Once they are back online, the message "The chatter left the website" as well as the grey/pause indicator will be removed.
Once the chat is over, it can be ended by the visitor or by the agent. In case the visitor closes the chat, the agent will be able to see the grey/stop indicator and the "The chat has been closed" message.
Then all you need to do is add a tag for the chat (in case the option was enabled by your manager) from the "Select result code(s)" button and close the chat.
In case this option is enabled, you will be forwarded to the follow-up form once you click to close the chat. There you just need to click on "OK" and the chat script will be sent to the set email address.
With this, the chat is completed and it is sent to the email address from the form and it was archived in the system.
When you are done with your shift, you just need to finish and close all of your chats (or transfer them to a colleague) and then sign out of your account.
You can switch to the 'Not Available' status so that you don't receive any new chats and be able to finish with the current conversations you have. Once you are done, you can click on your profile photo and choose the 'Sign Out' option.
So you are done! Great job! Keep it up!