There are a few options available that can help the agent provide better and faster customer service. The chat options (1) can be found in the upper right corner of the chat window (three dots).
Once you click on them, you will be able to see all the chat options available.
1. The 'Follow-Ups' option gives you the possibility to forward the case to a specific email address where it will be looked into in more detail and the customer will be further assisted. It can be sent to another department that will be better able to assist the customer with the matter. When this option is clicked, you will see the form that needs to be filled in. In the first field, the email address to which the case will be sent needs to be filled, and the second field is where the transcript of the chat conversation is and where the agent can add any additional notes to the case.
Then you simply need to click on the "OK" button and the case will be forwarded to the set email address.
2. With the second option - 'Transfer Chat' you can send the chat to another agent so they can continue the conversation. This can happen in case your shift has ended but there is a lot more to be done with the chat or if there is a more experienced colleague that will be able to assist the customer better.
To do that, you need to follow these steps:
- 1. Click on the chat options (the three dots in the upper right corner)
- 2. Click on the 'Transfer chat' option
- 3. Choose a colleague to transfer the chat to from the colleagues' list that will appear
- 4. Write an internal message in the field for your colleague to know the reason for the transfer. This message will be visible only to the agent the chat was transferred to and not for the customer.
Then the first agent will no longer have the chat with them and the other agent will receive it as a new chat but with the 'transferred' indicator (blue arrow) on the right top of the chat. In the conversation field, there will also be a message that the chat has been transferred.
3. Copy conversation is a very useful tool for the agent. Once the agent chooses it from the chat options menu, the whole conversation is automatically copied and it can be pasted anywhere needed. For example, the agent might look for help for the chat, and instead of marking the conversation to select it and then copying it to paste it somewhere else, they just need to click on 'Copy conversation' and paste it. This is very useful in regards to speed and providing fast and accurate customer service.
4. The 'Back to List/Show Details' option gives the possibility to switch between the two interfaces - the detailed one and the overview one.
5. The last option is to block the visitor. In case, the customer is too disrespectful or using bad language, the agent can block the customer for 7 days. Then the people using the computer they reached us from or the same internet connection will not be able to contact us again. The chat button on the website will disappear for the customer. Once the 7 days are over, the customer will be able to reach you over chat again. They can be unblocked by the supervisor earlier if needed. To block a visitor you need to follow these steps:
- 1. Click on the three dots to see the chat options menu
- 2. Choose the 'Block Visitor' option at the bottom of the list
- 3. Type in the reason for the blocking in the field
- 4. Click on the 'Block' button
Once that is done, you will receive a message that the customer has been successfully blocked. Once you click on the "OK" button there, the chat will have the status of a closed chat.